Omolene #300® Growth Horse Feed
For foals and lactating mares being fed with their foals . . . Purina® Omolene #300® Horse Feed contains the Purina® Amplify® Nugget, a patented, high fat, extruded particle that contains a proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran for an optimal fatty acid profile. It also contains a blend of amino acids and polysaccharides as found in mare’s milk for optimal muscle growth and bone development in foals. Omolene #300® Horse Feed also provides additional protein and calorie requirements for lactating mares.
Lactating Broodmares—Lactating broodmares that are fed with their foals should be fed Omolene #300® Horse Feed. Once the foal is weaned, the broodmare can switch to Omolene #200® Horse Feed.
Growing Foals—From the time they’re nibbling their mother’s feed until they are one year old, foals should be fed by themselves. But they can also be fed Omolene #300® Horse Feed with their mother or in a creep-feeding situation. Omolene #300® Horse Feed provides your foal with optimal nutrition in its first year.
Feed Form: Mixed Grains and Extruded Nuggets
* Purina® Amplify® Nugget – Patented, high fat, extruded particle that contains a proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice brand for an optimal fatty acid profile.
* Fortified with Milk Components – A blend of amino acids and polysaccharides as found in mare’s milk for optimal muscle growth and bone development in foals. Also provides additional protein and calorie requirements for lactating mares.
* Vitamins and Minerals – Provides 100% of the required vitamins and minerals when fed as directed. Based on the “Nutrient Requirements of Horses Sixth Revised Edition – 2007” published by the National Research Council.
* Incredibly Palatable – Purina® Omolene #300® Horse Feed is an incredibly palatable diet which is excellent for horses who are picky eaters.
* Natural Whole Grains – Nutrient and calorie dense blend of natural whole grains for lower feeding rates and less risk of digestive upset. Whole grains are a natural source of antioxidants, phytochemicals and fiber.
* Soy-blend Molasses – Instead of using straight cane molasses which is high in sugar, Purina® Omolene #300® Horse Feed contains a unique blend of molasses and soy oil for a higher fat molasses that horses love to eat.
* Less Bricking – Blended molasses help to prevent bricking in the winter and drying out in the summer.
* Healthier Hair Coat – Contains balanced nutrition and added vegetable oil for a shinier, healthier hair coat as well as better skin and hoof condition.
* Feed with Hay or Pasture – Purina® Omolene #300® Horse Feed is designed to be fed with hay and/or pasture.
* Feed Guard® Nutrition System – The FeedGuard® Nutrition System is one of the industry’s most innovative and exacting quality assurance programs. FeedGuard® Nutrition System can help deliver the trust, quality and performance that horse professional demand every day.
* For more info go to: www.omoleneuniversity.com
Omolene #300® Growth Horse Feed
Crude Protein (min) not less than 16%
Lysine (min) not less than 0.9%
Fat (min) not less than 6.0%
Fiber (max) not more than 6.5%
Calcium (min) not less than 0.9%
Calcium (max) not more than 1.2%
Phosphorus (min) not less than 0.55%
Copper (min) not less than 60 ppm
Selenium (min) not less than 0.6 ppm
Zinc (min) not less than 220 ppm
Vitamin A (min) not less than 3000 IU/lb
Vitamin E (min) not less than 125 IU/lb
Omolene #300® Growth horse feed
* Feed Omolene #300® Growth Horse Feed according to recommended rates. Individual horse variance may require feeding rate adjustment of plus or minus 10%. Click here for specific feeding recommendations.
* Do not feed free-choice
* Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
* Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
* Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
* Feed along with at least 1-1.5% of horse’s body weight of good quality hay or the equivalent in pasture to make a complete ration
* Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
* Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
* Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
* Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
* This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
* In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program