Safe & Sound ™
Your horse depends on you for a healthy diet. Now you can depend on Safe & Sound(tm) Advanced Equine Formula for the right nutrient levels, balance and ingredients to help keep your horse feeling and performing its best during all stages of life. Safe & SoundTM Advanced Equine Formula is veterinarian recommended with new levels of uniquely balanced nutrition and ingredients designed to keep your horse looking and feeling its best in all life stages. This low-starch, highly digestible fiber formula encourages the proper digestion of starch and fiber. It also helps support the development of structural tissues, including bone, tendons, and ligaments all of which are vital in the development of young, structurally sound horses.
Consider these important facts about your horse’s digestive system and how Safe & SoundTM has been designed to help keep it working the way nature intended:
* Your horse’s stomach and small intestine are relatively small and only can handle so much starch (grain) without problems. When the starch isn’t fully digested in the stomach and small intestine, serious upsets can occur. That’s why we use a low-starch, highly digestible fiber formula for Safe & SoundTM.
* The calories your horse needs to move and function properly come from different sources: starch and sugar (primarily from grains), fat (plant oils), and digestible fiber. How much from each makes a difference. Safe & SoundTM has all three, with a high percentage of the calories coming from fat and digestible fiber.
* Calorie-rich fat from plant oils, coupled with guaranteed amino acid levels, vitamins, and trace minerals work together in Safe & Sound to ensure superior growth, endurance, and body condition.
* The yeast cultures and Direct Fed Microbials that we put in Safe & Sound help your horse to digest protein and fiber more efficiently and completely.
* Pelleting and processing grains, like those in Safe & Sound helps to improve the digestibility of crucial nutrients such as protein, energy and fiber.
Crude Protein Min 14.00%
Lysine Min 0.80%
Methionine Min 0.30%
Threonine Min 0.50%
Crude Fat Min 7.00%
Crude Fiber Min 15.00%
Calcium Min 0.90% Max 1.20%
Phosphorous Min 0.75%
Copper Min 50 ppm
Zinc Min 160 ppm
Selenium Min 0.6 ppm
Vitamin A Min 3,500 IU/LB
Vitamin D Min 350 IU/LB
Vitamin E Min 100 IU/LB
Biotin Min .45 MG/LB
Feeding Directions and Management Guidelines
The Feeding Table below is intended as a guide for feeding Safe & SoundTM. Be sure to monitor your horse closely and adjust the feeding rate as necessary for the desired body condition and activity level.
Safe & Sound Feeding Table
Class of Horse LB or KG feed/100 LB or KG Bodyweight
Maintenance Horses 0.25 – 0.5
First two trimesters of gestation 0.25 – 0.5
Last trimester of gestation 0.5 – 0.75
Early Lactation (foaling to 3 months) 1.0 – 1.5
Late Lactation (3 months to weaning) 0.75 – 1.0
Light exercise 0.5 – 0.75
Moderate exercise 0.75 – 1.00
Intense exercise 1.00 – 1.50
Foals Creep Feed
Weanlings 1.5 – 2.00
Yearlings 0.75 – 1.50
*Do not feed growing horses to excess body condition.
* Feed Safe & Sound with clean, good quality hay at the rate of 1.0-1.75 LB (kg) per 100 LB (kg) of bodyweight per day or the pasture equivalent.
* Divide the recommended feeding level into two or more equally spaced feedings each day–and be sure to feed at the same times each day.
* Fresh, clean water should be available at all times except to horses that are hot from exercise. Always cool your horse down properly before providing free access to water.
* Salt should be available free choices at all times.
* Horses should be maintained at a body condition score of 5 or above. Broodmares should have a body condition score of 6 or above prior to foaling. Do NOT allow your horse to become too heavy (body condition scores above 7).
PRICE: Call UsOR Email Us For More Info
Safe & Sound (tm) Your horse depends on you for a healthy diet. Now you can depend on Safe & Sound(tm) Advanced Equine Formula for the right nutrient levels, balance and ingredients to help keep your ...